Sherwood | A Game of Outlaws & Arcana
A downloadable Tabletop RPG
You might have come for justice. You might have come for glory. Maybe you want revenge. Maybe you just have nowhere else to go.
Sherwood is a game of outlaws and arcana, inspired by modern Robin Hood fantasies stories, the Robin of Sherwood television series, and the medieval outlaw ballads and romances, Sherwood is set in a fantastical version of 13th Century England. Pick up digital copies here (or on DriveThruRPG). Physical copies are available at Spear Witch.
- Designed for a Game Master and 1-6 players
- Quick core rules powered by a 2d6 system
- Magical talents and rituals
- Character creation inspired by games such as Traveller
- Make the outlaw you want to make: as an outlaw, you aren't constrained by society's biases about race, ethnicity, sex, sexuality, or gender
- Opponent stats inspired by foes from the Robin Hood stories and other outlaw traditions
- Two ready-to-run adventures for your band of outlaws
- Scroll down to free Quickstart in the demo files on this page or for free on DriveThru.
A 36-page zine and 32-page PDF.
Want to try out the game before buying? Pick up the free Quickstart.
What They're Saying
Sherwood perfectly blends the classic and the contemporary. Its a modern system with an old-school feel. It's a familiar tale told through a fresh lens.
Sherwood is an informative invitation into the centuries-old but still riveting tradition of outlaw tales.
R. Rook was very lucky to get Eric Swanson of Narrative Dynamics was the cover and interior designer. Inspired by the well-known Merry Adventures of Robin Hood written and illustrated by Howard Pyle, Eric added hand-drawn illustrations to the layout and did the cartography in addition to the cover and interior illustrations.
Print Copies at Spear Witch
Print copies now available at Spear Witch.
In order to download this Tabletop RPG you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $6 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this Tabletop RPG at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Are you a blogger, reviewer, or member of the press interested in reviewing or covering Sherwood? Please feel free to grab a complimentary press copy here. If you end up reviewing the game, please leave a link here (even if your review or coverage is critical), and I'll add more copies to the review copy pool.
SFWA Member Copies for Nebula Eligibility
Sherwood is eligible for the Nebula Award for Game Writing this year. If you're a SFWA member and would like to review the game for a possible nomination, please get your complimentary copy here.
Reserved (Community) Digital Copies
Reserved PDF copies! These PDF copies are for students, supporters from marginalized communities, and those experiencing financial hardship. If you self-identify in one or more of those categories and need the discount, feel free to choose this level.
- Update to the ePub61 days ago
- Gratitude (with Art Free ePub and Simple Character Sheets)63 days ago
- PDF Released!97 days ago
- PDFs are incoming!98 days ago
- Interior Draft PDF Now AvailableSep 14, 2022
- Layout Update & Illuminated Chapter HeadingsSep 14, 2022
- Quickstart Now Live!Aug 17, 2022
- Sherwood Summer Update!Jul 25, 2022