Sherwood | A Game of Outlaws & Arcana
A downloadable Tabletop RPG
You might have come for justice. You might have come for glory. Maybe you want revenge. Maybe you just have nowhere else to go.
Sherwood is a game of outlaws and arcana. Inspired by modern Robin Hood fantasy stories, the Robin of Sherwood television series, and medieval outlaw ballads and romances, Sherwood is set in a fantastical version of 13th Century England. Pick up digital copies here (or on DriveThruRPG). Physical copies are available at Spear Witch, Indie Press Revolution, and The Twenty Sided Store.
- Designed for a Game Master and 1-6 players
- Quick core rules powered by a 2d6 system
- Magical talents and rituals
- Character creation inspired by games such as Traveller
- Make the outlaw you want to make: as an outlaw, you aren't constrained by society's biases about race, ethnicity, sex, sexuality, or gender
- Opponent stats inspired by foes from the Robin Hood stories and other outlaw traditions
- Two ready-to-run adventures for your band of outlaws
- Scroll down to free Quickstart in the demo files on this page or for free on DriveThru.
A 36-page zine and 32-page PDF.
Want to try out the game before buying? Pick up the free Quickstart.
What They're Saying
Sherwood perfectly blends the classic and the contemporary. Its a modern system with an old-school feel. It's a familiar tale told through a fresh lens.
Sherwood is an informative invitation into the centuries-old but still riveting tradition of outlaw tales.
R. Rook was very lucky to get Eric Swanson of Narrative Dynamics as the cover and interior designer. Inspired by the well-known Merry Adventures of Robin Hood written and illustrated by Howard Pyle, Eric added hand-drawn illustrations to the layout and did the cartography in addition to the cover and interior illustrations.
Print Copies at Spear Witch
Print copies now available at Spear Witch.
In order to download this Tabletop RPG you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $7.50 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Review, Press, and Community Complimentary Copies
Support this Tabletop RPG at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
Press & Review Copies
Are you a blogger, reviewer, or member of the press interested in reviewing or covering Sherwood? Please feel free to grab a complimentary press copy here. If you end up reviewing the game, please leave a link here (even if your review or coverage is critical), and I'll add more copies to the review copy pool.
Actual Play Producer Copies
Do you produce an actual play series, whether streamed or recorded? Considering doing a one-shot or series on Roseville Beach? Please feel free to pick up the book as a comp copy while you're making your programming decisions. You definitely don't need my permission to stream or record this game, but if you have questions, reach out at R-Rook.studio.
Reserved (Community) Digital Copies
Reserved PDF copies! These PDF copies are for students, supporters from marginalized communities, and those experiencing financial hardship. If you self-identify in one or more of those categories and need the discount, feel free to choose this level.
- Update to the ePubDec 07, 2022
- Gratitude (with Art Free ePub and Simple Character Sheets)Dec 05, 2022
- PDF Released!Nov 02, 2022
- PDFs are incoming!Oct 31, 2022
- Interior Draft PDF Now AvailableSep 14, 2022
- Layout Update & Illuminated Chapter HeadingsSep 14, 2022
- Quickstart Now Live!Aug 17, 2022
- Sherwood Summer Update!Jul 25, 2022